The GaNext intelligent power module (IPM) is a PCB based multi-chip module. The IPM contains a half-bridge circuit with discrete Gallium Nitride HEMTs. Heat spreaders are integrated to transport the heat away from the semiconductors. Furthermore, a Silicon-on-Insulator gate driver and a RISC-V based controller with integrated analog front-ends is available on the module.
Key specifications of the GaNext IPM are listed below:
- GaN HEMTs rated for 650V and 55mΩ on-resistance
- Designed for 15A,RMS output current
- Integrated voltage, current and temperature measurements
- Module dimensions 35.0 x 35.0 x 3.0 mm
- SOI-based gate driver with integrated bootstrap circuitry
- Custom RISC-V controller with high-resolution timer, integrated front-end’s and external SPI interface
Aim for delivering fully-working prototypes in lighting, motor drives, converter blocks for renewable energies and on-board chargers for automotive with partners.